Monday, June 8, 2009

A blog about fundraising...

For the last three years, I've been a fundraiser. I don't really know how it happened - when I was a little girl I certainly didn't dream that this is what I'd be doing when I grew up. Yet here I am, in my mid...ok, late 20's, working as a professional fundraiser. I guess it grew out of a love of marketing and a desire to help make the world a better place.

I spent almost three years working for an agency in Los Angeles, and have recently transitioned to another brilliant agency in Toronto. Both do exceptional work helping non profits to grow, thus impacting the lives of many around the world.

When I entered this job I was pretty sure I knew a lot about direct response marketing but if there is one thing I have learned in the last 4 weeks its how much I still don't know. I decided to develop this blog as a place to post the things I'm seeing in the fundraising world - industry news, brilliant campaigns, and practical lessons in fundraising.

Please feel free to comment, debate, or to post your own insights into the not for profit sector. After all, we are all in this together to make the world a better place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment